An on-going MAD-Aid program is transferring furniture and medical equipment from British hospitals to poorly equipped clinics and hospital wards in developing countries.
Since 2012, in addition to Moldova, MAD-Aid with its partners have delivered to:
- Bulgaria – hospital equipment
- Belarus – 12 wheelchairs
- Ukraine – hospital aid
- Africa – 20 hospital beds
- Romania – Furniture for an orphanage and hospital equipment
Equipping Moldovan hospitals
MAD-Aid helps Moldovan hospitals in communities that have very limited resources. Without assistance, these hospitals cannot afford to get even the minimum equipment they need.
Most Moldovan hospitals equipment is of very poor quality. MAD-Aid collects equipment that British hospitals no longer need and delivers it to Moldovan hospitals where the need is strong. This is a classic win-win, as in doing this, we also help UK hospitals save the cost of storage or disposal of unwanted equipment.
Since inception, MAD-Aid with its partners has equipped or delivered aid to:
- two wards in Riscani Hospital
- two wards in Institute of Mother and Child in Chisinau
- Trauma and Orthopedic Hospital in Chisinau with beds
- Institute of Oncology in Chisinau with specialised chemotherapy chairs
- Neurological Hospital of Chisinau with 20 beds
- a medical clinic in Mihaileni Village with examination tables, office furniture, defibrillators and computers
The needs in Moldova are high and the program will continue as equipment and furniture become available and funds for transport are raised.
If you would like to help – Get Involved!